PDA

View Full Version : Sony Combo Drive spoiling Re-writable CD's

beast2nick
11-06-2006, 04:53 PM
hello everyone,

I have a sony combo drive (Sony CRX300E).
This drive is spoiling my Re-Writable CD's, i have lost 3 Re-Writable CD's. The drive reads CD's and DVD's perfectly i don't know why its spoiling RW's when i am trying to write something onto it.

please advice someone.

Myth
11-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Rewritable CD's aren't the most reliable of media available. I once had 2 brand new Sony CD-RWs and both failed after being written to once or twice.

Whats it doing with CD-Rs? What brand of CD-R(W) are you using?

pctek
11-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Ah, its all the drives fault! So whats the question then?

Have you tried a different (quality) brand of CDRW? Thats usually the main cause. And making sure you aren't doing other stuff on the PC while it writes? Even though theres buffer overrun etc...best not to strain things...

Peter Cox
11-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Do you have either Nero INCD or Roxio DirectCD installed on your system?
Both these applications are only interested in rewritable CDs and will pick them up on loading and format them so you can treat the disk as a floppy and can drag and drop files to them. The only problem is that they can then only be read by the application that formatted them.
Just a thought. PC

beast2nick
11-06-2006, 09:35 PM
CD-R's are burning fine, no problems with it.
I tried 3 CD-RW Brands Sony, Moser bear and Samsung but in vain all the 3 got spoiled or is unusable.
So what might be wrong?

Peter Cox
12-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Repeat:-

Both these applications are only interested in rewritable CDs and will pick them up on loading and format them so you can treat the disk as a floppy and can drag and drop files to them. The only problem is that they can then only be read by the application that formatted them.
PC

beast2nick
12-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Repeat:-

PC

I haven't installed Nero INCD or Roxio DirectCD on my system