PDA

View Full Version : Factory defaults Samsung SyncMaster 193T monitor

Gerrit
03-06-2006, 12:34 PM
I have a problem with colour management. I bought a Spyder2Pro monitor calibration system. To calibrate my Samsung SyncMaster 193T LCD monitor I have to reset it to its factory defaults. My monitor is digitally connected (not analog). The only Menu adjustable items on the monitor are Brightness and Contrast. All others are "Non-available". My monitor documents do not give any factory default settings. I have asked Samsung but received a useless answer. I asked Pantone Colorvision (Spyder manufacturers) but received no answer. I tried an online forum, without success. How do I set my monitor to factory defaults?? Thanks for any help.

pctek
03-06-2006, 04:40 PM
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200312/20031216175340031_BN59-00361M-01-Eng.pdf

Although it beats me why you want to calibrate it.

Gerrit
04-06-2006, 01:02 PM
I am doing a lot of digital photography and imaging. It is essential to have good colour management, so the final print is close to what you see on the monitor. All colour management instructions tell me that it is a two-step process: (1) to calibrate your monitor, and (2) to set the appropriate colour profiles on the printer. I use an Epson R2400 printer. I am curious to find out why you think I do not need to calibrate my monitor. Thanks for your reply anyhow.

Shortcircuit
04-06-2006, 03:37 PM
I've got a Syncmaster 193p and do a lot of graphics stuff.

I have never used a calibration tool... my understanding is that besides a cal program you need an instrument (colourometer or something) that will measure the output of the printed page.... much simpler and cheaper to use your eyes.

I have had great success 'tuning' my screen using the nvidea software that came with the video card... I think the eye is better than any so-called 'program'.