PDA

View Full Version : Asustek P4c800-E warranty

md11
31-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Hello all,

I have purchased the motherboard in December 2004 and until yesterday, my computer would not start and I sent to the technician to check. He told me that my motherboard is faulty and you can simply replace it since it is a 3-year warranty. I then quickly rang the store where i purchsed the motherboard from. They told me that the motherboard is only 1 year warranty.

Does anyone know normally how many years for the Asus warranty covers?

Thanks.

Daniel.

pctek
31-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Hello all,

I have purchased the motherboard in December 2004 and until yesterday, my computer would not start and I sent to the technician to check. He told me that my motherboard is faulty and you can simply replace it since it is a 3-year warranty. I then quickly rang the store where i purchsed the motherboard from. They told me that the motherboard is only 1 year warranty.

Does anyone know normally how many years for the Asus warranty covers?

Thanks.

Daniel.
3 Years on their motherboards and graphics cards. 2 years on their optical drives.
Ring the shop back, tell him he's a liar and to give you a new one immediately.
If you have any hassles, Morningstar or Synnex are the NZ ASUS agents.

And always buy from reliable shops with good reputattions. Looking for CHEAP - this is what happens.

gibler
31-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Yes, to clarify from Asus themselves:

All ASUS motherboard purchased after November 1st, 1999 will carry 3 year limited warranty services. One year limited warranty is given to purchase made prior to this date.

Send your retailer to this url (http://support.asus.com/repair/repair.aspx?no=201&SLanguage=en-us)

Places such as ascent.co.nz are correctly stating a 3 year warranty. I've experienced this load of crud before, where a shop put in additional RAM covered by a manufacturers lifetime warranty and try and tell you all extras are only a year.

They are simply being lazy... :angry

md11
01-06-2006, 01:02 AM
Cool. Thank you for all of your advice.