PDA

View Full Version : Spybot S&D error

Vince
30-05-2006, 04:45 AM
For some time now, every time Spybot starts a scheduled scan,(using System Scheduler 3.34) it encounters an error and has to shut down. The MS error reporting dialog tells me that it is a known problem with no solution. :horrified Is anybody else having this problem? Is there a fix yet?

beama
30-05-2006, 06:52 AM
any other error message beside the Ms one ?

Vince
31-05-2006, 01:32 AM
any other error message beside the Ms one ?

No, that is it. It has happend every week for 5 or 6 months now. :(

SurferJoe46
31-05-2006, 05:15 AM
One of the first things malware does is to invade Spybot....by telling Spybot to iggy it's own instructions or ones set up by the SYSOP (you) about things scanned or ignored.

My suggestion is to remove (delete) Spybot and re-install it all over again.

I suggest that Spybot has been corrupted by malware and needs to be refresehed with a clean install.

Have been there; done it b4.

Be sure to use the ADVANCED MODE for setting things up the way you want them.

Vince
01-06-2006, 02:19 AM
One of the first things malware does is to invade Spybot....by telling Spybot to iggy it's own instructions or ones set up by the SYSOP (you) about things scanned or ignored.

My suggestion is to remove (delete) Spybot and re-install it all over again.

I suggest that Spybot has been corrupted by malware and needs to be refresehed with a clean install.

Have been there; done it b4.

Be sure to use the ADVANCED MODE for setting things up the way you want them.

:) That fixed it. I hadn't thought of that possibility, seeing as my system shows no sign of infection. thanks :)

SurferJoe46
01-06-2006, 02:34 AM
:) That fixed it. I hadn't thought of that possibility, seeing as my system shows no sign of infection. thanks :)

Be sure to check that "Iopus Again" thread I just posted too....http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?p=458720#post458720, in case you feel you want to run the Beta version of Spybot...I do, and I like it a lot....just watch out for false positives...but it does dig a little deeper and will find things that you don't know about.