PDA

View Full Version : WIN EXPLORER FOLDER_NOTE/ATTACHMENT

notechyet
29-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Hello members

I would like to ad/attach a note or "warning" when I open a folder in win explorer.
Reason; I have a client folder and for one of the clients I have to do some work in the future and not on a set date. So it would mean every time I open the folder it would remind me?! So when it would be suitable I could tackle the job.
Is there anything I can do within windows or any prog that would help me in that?

Thanks

Gion

stu161204
29-05-2006, 03:20 PM
** bump **

notechyet
29-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Stu, that's not a lot !!
Gion

godfather
29-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Gion, you misunderstand the "bump" I think.
Its a common term for posting anything to ensure that the post returns to the top of the list and does not get forgotton, so Stu was just doing you a favour.

But aside from that your expectation is that something will "automatically run" when a folder is opened.

You will be disappointed I fear, as any such program activity is likely to be immediately detected as a virus (as that's how any virus would like to run), so it would be unlikely to be tolerated by Windows.

I suggests a "post-it-note" stuck to the edge of the monitor would be much simpler.

notechyet
29-05-2006, 07:58 PM
godfather
thanks for your help and advise; and when the monitor is just about covered....

keep up all the good input!!

Gion

godfather
29-05-2006, 08:05 PM
When the monitor is just about covered, then you need to do some of those jobs, or you cannot see the monitor.

Should work well.

beetle
29-05-2006, 08:08 PM
thanks for your help and advise; and when the monitor is just about covered.

then its time to get bigger monitor..:p

beetle :D

notechyet
29-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Or bedtime!!!!
G