PDA

View Full Version : Problem pc cillin 2006 and outlook express

luvapet
25-05-2006, 02:53 AM
I recently installed Pc Cillin Internet Security 2006 with the added tool bar for Outlook Express. (Was using Pc Cillin 2005) I cleared up the initial problem of being unable to send mail, but am still having a problem switching between accounts in Outlook Express. Outlook Express disappears when I switch users. When I try to click on OE again it is still running and I get the error message re already running. When I open the Task Manager, it doesn't list Outlook Express as a program that is running. I have to reboot my computer and, unfortunately, my computer is the server for our office so everyone else has to go to desktop. The other users do not use email on their computers, just the owner and myself.(Can't talk the owner into a dedicated server no one uses). Anyone else have a similar problem?

chiefnz
25-05-2006, 08:06 AM
Why don't you dump OE and just use MS Outlook for your mail?

Which email service are you using?

I run PC-Cillin Internet Security 2006 as well and I have no problems at all.

You should be able to import all your settings from OE to Outlook with no problems.

Cheers
chiefnz

luvapet
25-05-2006, 08:27 AM
chiefnz
thanks for the tip. however, our veterinary software program e-mails appt reminders through oe so i'm sort of stuck with oe
luvapet

Cicero
25-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Not quite sure what your prob is,exactly.
But I would tend to launch O/E and make it your default.