PDA

View Full Version : ASUS V3800m

B.M.
23-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Iíve got a ASUS V3800m ĖLP rev1.00 video Card here which I know nothing about. :(

Google has not been my friend, :illogical so could somebody tell me all about it or point me in the right direction? :thumbs:

tweak'e
23-05-2006, 10:03 PM
your google needs fixing....2 sec look shows "Asus TNT2 32MB M64 AGP Video Card"

Speedy Gonzales
23-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Or here (http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us)

Type V3800 in the top left-hand corner.

It's got drivers etc here for the V3800 series.

Terry Porritt
24-05-2006, 07:45 AM
Or here (http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us)

Type V3800 in the top left-hand corner.

It's got drivers etc here for the V3800 series.

..................but the pdf manual only appears to be in Chinese from whichever download site is chosen, Global, US, Europe, China, and that after waiting forever and a day, at least last night it was like that.

pctek
24-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Iíve got a ASUS V3800m ĖLP rev1.00 video Card here which I know nothing about. :(
What do you need to know? You don't even have to use the ASUS driver - just use Nvidias TNT driver.

B.M.
24-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Still not winning here.

I found the same as you Terry. Although it assured me it was downloading there was still nothing after an hour on Dial-Up. It said the manual was a pdf file and the two little computers on the bottom taskbar seemed to be talking to each other but nothing else. Must be a record size manual as I downloaded a 289 page manual the other day in pdf format in about 15mins. :)

I did manage to download a 1meg file but Iím not sure if itís the driver, or a patch for a driver? :confused:

Anyway, I unplugged my s3 trio 3D/2x and plugged in the v3800 thinking I may boot into safe mode from where I could install the correct drivers sourced elsewhere.

No such luck. The BIOS was most put out, gave one long beep and three short beeps and that was the end of proceedings. Nothing on screen except a message from the monitor saying ďNo Video ImputĒ

Any further suggestions anyone? :badpc:

tweak'e
24-05-2006, 04:13 PM
most likly dead card.

whats the specs of your pc?

some of the TNT m64 cards where remanafactured as budget cards BUT i think a few might be 1.5v only so may not like running on older pc's. i will have to check when i get home.

B.M.
24-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Thanks tweake

Just to fill in a few more details.

The card is definitely working as itís out of a PC Company computer that has a motherboard full of bulging and leaking capacitors. The computer still goes and provides a good picture but has become unreliable.

The computer that doesnít like it has a VIA motherboard model VT82C692BX with a Intel 600MHz P3 processor.

How much better is a v3800 card than a s3Trio? :confused:

tweak'e
24-05-2006, 04:58 PM
How much better is a v3800 card than a s3Trio? HUGE ! ! !

the s3trio agp are basicly a 2d card....they where around p2, early p3 era. the s3 savage was the gaming ver (not very good either).

forget games with the s3, i used to play quake2 and 3 on a tnt2m64 (overclocked!) tho quake 3 was a struggle.

check the bios for any settings, try default bios settings.

B.M.
24-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Huge!!!!

Right, Iíll persevere! :D

Iíd love to have a look at the BIOS settings but we never get to see anything on screen except as I say the monitor generated message ďNo Input SignalĒ

Real queer and something Iíve never struck before. :confused:

tweak'e
24-05-2006, 05:38 PM
reset bios jumber?

it is sitting in the slot correctly?

i hope those bulging caps havn't damaged the card. what sort of spec was the other damaged pc?

B.M.
24-05-2006, 07:45 PM
The dodgy computer is ďTHEPCCOMPANY 8365-686AĒ with 800MHz AMD Duron processor. It still runs fine most of the time but with the capacitors leaking and bulging its time is near.

Personally Iíd be surprised if there was anything wrong with the card.

Iíll try again. :badpc:

B.M.
24-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Another quick question. :D

How big (Megs) should the driver be for this card be?

The driver I downloaded was just under 1 Meg, 937k if I remember correctly.

tweak'e
24-05-2006, 08:28 PM
sounds to small, i can't remeber the size of the early drives.. unpack it and see what it is.

B.M.
24-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Whoaaaaaaa, hold the phone. We have an update. :)

Iíve got it going and it is brilliant by comparison to the s3. :thumbs: Didnít even need any drivers as Windows had them hidden somewhere.

So, what did I do? Well I never gave it a thought but I was running the two computers side by side through a DSE KVM Switch and when I removed that, away we went no problems. :cool:

Now the problem is I like my KVM switch, so Iíll reinstall it and see what happens now all the drivers are loaded.

Iíll keep you posted. :thumbs: