PDA

View Full Version : MS reveals hardware specs for Windows Vista

chiefnz
20-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Just saw this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4996998.stm) on the BBC site.

Interesting reading....I expected the specs to be a lot higher considering all the hype that was thrown at the public.

I hope it won't be a similar case to XP where we were told 128MB of RAM would do the job.... Vista will run with 512MB... somehow I think 1GB would be the minimum and 2GB+ would be the better place to be.

cheers
chiefnz

pctek
20-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Minimum Recommended
Processor 800MHz 1GHz 32 or 64 bit
System Memory 512MB 1GB
Graphics card DirectX 9 capable Runs Windows Aero
Graphics Memory - - 128MB
Free space on Hard Drive 15GB 15GB

That doesn't tell us much. Except 15Gb space - more ^%$#@ bloatware.

Metla
20-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Imo, all quite meaningless. When it comes to software and hardware the only performance yardstick that can be trusted is real world results, This information from MS is marketing and nothing else.

The entire reasoning behind it is so that big brand manufacturers can put stickers on their crappy arse barely run XP machines that say they are the mutts for Vista, in the hope of kicking off a swell of sales, All to keep happy the MS partners who have complained to MS that the delays of Vista have cost them sales.

memphis
20-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Yeah we now have:

1. Dual core cpu=1 core for Vista the other core for you.(quad core coming out next year when Vista comes out.Funny that.

2. 512mb graphic cards=256mb for Vista,256mb for you.(or maybe thats way we now have SLI/crossfire to help as well!!!)You could have two 512mb graphic cards!!!

3. As for the ram....

4. Dont forget you will need a new monitor,dvd drive,graphic card that is allowed to watch,listen,play the new proteced stuff.(TPM,TC) ring a bell.(I would think twice before going to Vista.) :horrified

dolby digital
21-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Yawn, the upgrade merry go round :xmouth: