PDA

View Full Version : Pgm won't run unless logged on as Admin

AaronM
19-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Hi,
I have installed a pgm (Resene Ezypaint). If I am logged in as Admin it works fine. If I try and run as a regular user it gives me error messages (Error in reading registry) and doesn't work properly.

I can use the "run as" option to make it work, but it is a bit of a pain.

Anyone have any ideas on what I may have done wrong or what I could do to fix it?

Thanks

Deimos
19-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Go have a look here:

http://nonadmin.editme.com/

They have some tools that make it easier to run apps with elevated privvys (run as admin etc)

AaronM
25-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Thanks, I will check that out.
A.

Graham L
25-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Some programme installation routines give the option of making the application available to all users, or just the user installing it. (You might be able to use the "Add/remove Programmes" to do a "repair". That might give yiou the choice.)

Some developers take the (totally unacceptable) lazy option of making their applications runnable only at Administrator level. (This is usually to get the speed up. Security does cost execution time).

Jimmy D
25-05-2006, 02:07 PM
you could try this:

go to the folder it's installed to C:\program files\ezpaint or whatever and rightclick the folder, go to properties and the security tab and add which ever users are going to use it and set their permissions wether it be modify/full control (they can save to that folder)
You have to be logged in as an administrator to do this