PDA

View Full Version : outlook contacts

toddh
15-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi, I am using outlook 2003, I originally deleted the defaul datafile which was empty and replaced it with my exisiting datafile from my old pc, all in the same directory so when I open outlook it behaves how I expect, the contacts however when I view in the main outlook window are viewable but as soon as I open a new email window and click on the "To" field nothing is viewable and it tells me no contacts are listed or assc with this, any suggestions most gratefully received, thanks, Todd

CYaBro
15-05-2006, 02:23 PM
When you click on the To: button and the Select Names window pops up, have a look at the top right where it says Show Names From The...
There should be a drop down list to select an option from.
See if you can find you contacts in one of the other options.
Once you know where they are you can open the Address Book on the main Outlook screen then go to Tools - Options and set the correct one as the default.

gcarmich
15-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Right click the contacts folder - then properties.

Go to the "Outlook Address Book" tab and tick the box for "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book".

That should sort the problem.

toddh
15-05-2006, 02:35 PM
thanks, when I go to the new message, To field and select from the drop down list I have two options, the default one is contacts but I can select outlook address book from the drop down list, when I do this I still can see nothing, when I go to tools, options and contact options I can see no where to alter this is to make the contacts viewable ? Thanks, Todd

toddh
15-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks Gcarmich all works, how can I get rid of contacts and outlook address book from the drop down list so it defaults to this, I still get a no associated address book warning when I first click on the To field ?

gcarmich
15-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Not sure about the question, but try this, in the to... line type a partial name that exists in your address book then kit ctrl-K

toddh
15-05-2006, 02:46 PM
seems to work, thanks, Todd

gcarmich
15-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Ah - think I might understand after a second read,

Tools -> Address Book
Then in address book
Tools -> Options

You can then add and remove groups from the address book.

toddh
15-05-2006, 10:03 PM
thanks, all perfect now ......much appreciated.