PDA

View Full Version : LCD Widescreen monitor 19" or 20"

memphis
13-05-2006, 10:30 PM
1.Ok does anybody have one,or know someone with one,or worked with one etc.

2.Do you like it.

3.Any problems.

4.Anybody have recommendations on what to look for specs wise.

5.Anybody have recommendations on which one to get.

6.Price limit under $1300 nz incl gst.

7.It will be for gaming,internet,movies,tv-(use a tv card in computer) if it does not have one built in to it.

8.Would like 8ms or faster,as high as contrest as posible and zero/dead/bright pixel warrenty seeing as I would be paying so much and dont want to be disaponited in it as well after spending so much. :cool:

9.Thank you all for your help in advance. :thumbs:

Neil McC
13-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Just got a 19inch Philips LCD after my 17 inch crt died. Great warranty and I love it. Don't know why it took so long for me to get one!!

memphis
13-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Cool, can you tell me more such as the model name please. :thumbs:

Neil McC
14-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Philips 190B6CB/75 LCD monitor. Comes in black, beige or silver.The boy has just had to buy a new monitor as well so he's gone for the 17 inch one and is delighted with that.I think Philips have a 3 year no dead pixel warranty.

pcuser42
14-05-2006, 10:28 AM
I have a 19" monitor (not widescreen though) that came with my Dell PC. It has been replaced twice after a failure, otherwise no problems.

Billy T
14-05-2006, 03:05 PM
I have a 19" monitor (not widescreen though) that came with my Dell PC. It has been replaced twice after a failure, otherwise no problems.
In my book that would register as MAJOR problems and call into doubt the reliability of the current replacement. I'd be asking for extended warranty up front, though provided you are resident in NZ, the CGA will cover extended warranty issues.

Whenever I get anything replaced U/G I ask in writing for an extension of the warranty. This is usually ignored, and in fact many companies state in writing that the replacement is guaranteed only for the remainder of the original warranty period, but it is essential to document such issues in case you have to get heavy later on.

Imagine your situation if an item is replaced with only a week of the warranty left, then the replacement fails a couple of months later? The CGA guarantees reasonable life expectancy in normal use, and the seller can't escape that responsibility by trying to hide behind the manufacturer's warranty restrictions.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

jebby
14-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Have had a Philips 190B6CB 19inch for two months and am like Neil, wouldn't be without it.

Sweep
14-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Just got a 19inch Philips LCD after my 17 inch crt died. Great warranty and I love it. Don't know why it took so long for me to get one!!

Recently bought a Philips 190B and I am quite happy with it. Have played DVDs and also run FlightSim 2004.

Your graphics card may also influence your decision. I have just built this rig and used a 7900 Geforce 4 GT model.

Mackin_NZ
14-05-2006, 04:00 PM
I recently got a ViewSonic VA1912w (19" widescreen) and it rocks.

Here's some links:
PriceSpy (http://www.pricespy.co.nz/pno_7605.html)
ViewSonic website (http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/valueseries/va1912wb/)

memphis
16-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Update time,I have bought the following:

Keyboard:Logitech G15 :)

Its great has the time,date,month,year,cpu and ram allocation,I am useing windows media player and the songs that are playing at the time is displayed on the lcd screen on the keyboard.Oh yeah and the other cool thing is the keys on the keyboard have a blue light,great for night time or when gameing in dim light or you can turn the light off if you wanted to.There is this sliding switch that when you are playing games you slide it on from windows setting to games,so you dont accidently leave the game and go into windows.It has two usb ports on the keyboard to plug your mouse in,etc.18 programmable keys,each with three shift mods,lets you record on the fly a total of 54 possible custom macros fo every game you play!!Windows xp only though,256mb ram,20mb hard disk space.Worth it though.

Mouse:G5 :)

so comfortable,and moves so easy on a gaming mat.2000 dpi and other good stuff.

Monitor:Viewsonic VX922 :)

Last but not least my first lcd is great so clear light and takes up so little space compared to my 21" crt.It has a 2ms response time, yeah!I am so happy and playing games is great as well.

As you can see everything is for gaming and it is great.Was going to go widescreen but some older games dont like it,and widescreen is in its infancy at the moment I'll wait tell it grows up to a teenager at least maybe an adult!!

All are great and recommend any of them to anybody wanting to enhanch their interface experience.Makes you feel as though your computer is top notch even if its not!! :D