PDA

View Full Version : chapters in m/s works

steamman
13-05-2006, 07:05 AM
I am writing a piece in microsoft works, I have found how to insert page Nos, from the header. I tried to get chapters the same way but on each header the same chapter appears, Please how do I sort out this.I cannot understand the bullets etc.

pcuser42
13-05-2006, 10:45 AM
To be honest, MS Works was preinstalled on my computer, but I didn't use it. I have used Office previously, and I don't like going into the unknown.

FoxyMX
13-05-2006, 11:26 AM
What version of MS Works are you using? Some come with the Works word processor and some have MS Word, which is an entirely different kettle of fish.

If you have the Works word processor I think you will be out of luck for what you want to do regarding the chapters as that program is rather limited. Word does it no problems at all.

What's the problem with bullets?

steamman
15-05-2006, 02:31 AM
What version of MS Works are you using? Some come with the Works word processor and some have MS Word, which is an entirely different kettle of fish.

If you have the Works word processor I think you will be out of luck for what you want to do regarding the chapters as that program is rather limited. Word does it no problems at all.

What's the problem with bullets?
Thanks all the version of works i use is version 7 If I change to word can I drag and drop my existing work onto it.Where canI get word.

Pauline
15-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Hi,
You will have to buy 'Word'. Or you can get Word equivalents like 'Open Office' or 'Abiword'.
They are free to download.
Pauline.

FoxyMX
15-05-2006, 12:33 PM
You most certainly can copy and paste your work from Works to Word and may even be able to open your Works files in Word then save them in Word format.

Like Pauline says you will have to purchase Word, either bundled with a Works suite that includes it or with MS Office or as a standalone program from a computer retailer.

Open Office may be a viable alternative but as I am not familiar with that program I cannot say how good it is at chapters. It will do no harm to investigate though, as the program is free.

steamman
17-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Hi,
You will have to buy 'Word'. Or you can get Word equivalents like 'Open Office' or 'Abiword'.
They are free to download.
Pauline.
Many thanx Pauline, I have downloaded ABIWORD is there any way to transfer files from m/s works onto this new file.

steamman
18-05-2006, 02:56 AM
Many thanx Pauline, I have downloaded ABIWORD is there any way to transfer files from m/s works onto this new file.
Hi Pauline, further to my last post, I managed to transfer from works to abiword, by changing text to RTF, it went over to abiword , I clicked on the save icon at top. but when trying to access it from abiword. I get untitled document, I thought that I had cracked the problem butt . Many thanks Pauline, is there a way to permanent the transfer.

steamman
20-05-2006, 04:17 AM

Hi Pauline thanx for info, and can you help further.I have a project written in Microsoft WORKS, I have not got M/s word. But I do now have ABIWORD, which is a freeby and is very like M/S word (not free) I have successfully written to works, and need to transfer to Abiword, I changed the format in Works to RTF, so as to transfer the document.I then dragged and dropped the RTF doc onto the Abiword, it went ok and I saved it, But, unfortunately on accessing the abiword to find the document, zilch, where did it go to. I even tried to copy and paste the work to abiword , copy is not a prob, its not pasting.How can I transfer the Works doc to Abiword.