PDA

View Full Version : ihug frequent disconect

blackhitler
09-05-2006, 06:15 PM
im using an ihug dial up connection. usually (not always) when i dial up i am able to use the internet for about 10 minutes and then it disconects. i re-dial and am able to surf for a short time and then it happens again. and again. and again. :eek: the time between disconects seems to get shorter each time. i am using norton 2003 and am up to date. i have installed all windows security updates. i am very suspicious of a virus but am not sure.

ideas people?

Speedy Gonzales
09-05-2006, 06:23 PM
You could try going to the dialup properties.

Then go to the options tab and change idle time before hanging up to never.

Then disconnect, then reconnect. See if stays on longer.

Does it disconnect only after you've checked your email??

MTLance
09-05-2006, 06:26 PM
You got problem about dial-up? I got a problem with DSL. It disconnects sometimes and my router shows connected but you need to restart the router. the router have no problems but it's ihug fault. Phone them about this problem please in your area.

Speedy Gonzales
09-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Its not Ihug. I'm with them on dialup too. I dont get disconnected.

Unless its the phone line having probs / line noise.

MTLance
09-05-2006, 06:47 PM
Why do get disconnected even using broadband. My router is quite new D-Link DSL 504T. Router fault or old telephone lines?

Speedy Gonzales
09-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Why do get disconnected even using broadband. My router is quite new D-Link DSL 504T. Router fault or old telephone lines?

Pass. Dialup doesnt use a router like adsl does. And is completely different from adsl.

It could be Ihug for adsl, or a problem with your setup/router settings.

JJJJJ
09-05-2006, 10:04 PM
You got problem about dial-up? I got a problem with DSL. It disconnects sometimes and my router shows connected but you need to restart the router. the router have no problems but it's ihug fault. Phone them about this problem please in your area.
I had exactly the same problem for over a month. I was using a USB ADSL modem. I changed to a router modem and have not been disconected since.