PDA

View Full Version : How do I get my computer to automatically dial up (for the internet) when I log in?

matty3
06-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am wanting to get my computer to automatically connect to the internet when I log in just under my username.

Thankyou,

~Matt:-)

drcspy
06-05-2006, 10:56 AM
um.........not that smart an idea if you set up yoru dial up connection to log in automatically and you get a 'dialler' trojan it may jsut automatically dial you up on a 'premium rate toll line' call to kazaksthan or lithuania or similar at say $20 per minute.....

Renmoo
06-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Hmm, let me think.
1) Create a shortcut to the dial-up connection and put it under the startup folder.
2) Enter your username and password into the dial-up connection dialog box.
3) Place a tick for the "remember me and my password" (something which goes like this)
4) You're done! At least, that's what I think.

Cheers :)

matty3
06-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Hello,

Drcspy, arn't trogain diallers individual in that they have to dial their own number which means that the use of your internet connection is not needed to put high charges on your phone bill - your computer could be on and if a trogain dialler is on your computer it could just dial it if the telephone line is plugged in. I think thats right but don't quote me on it.

JamesKan - thankyou I will try that.

Thankyou for your help.

Speedy Gonzales
06-05-2006, 12:52 PM
You dont have to set it to auto dial, if u have a dialler. It'll do that itself.

And set itself as the default connection.

If you're on dialup, it can cut / disconnect you , while youre on the net, and redial overseas...Which you wouldnt know, unless the modem sound is on...

Some people turn it off.

It doesnt wait for you to finish doing whatever on the net.

matty3
06-05-2006, 12:56 PM
So I'm right?

Speedy Gonzales
06-05-2006, 12:58 PM
So I'm right?

Yup, youre right, it wont use the net to connect to, it'll use your phone line, and you'll know when u get the next phonebill.

BUT, then if u unplug the phoneline from the modem, obviously it cant dial out ..

matty3
06-05-2006, 01:00 PM
hehehehehehehe :-)