PDA

View Full Version : Which Microproccesor Chip maker is better Intel or AMD?

MTLance
28-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Which Microproccesor Chip maker is better Intel or AMD?
And what's the most power processor being made from those two companies? Can anyone post me some news.

The_End_Of_Reality
28-04-2006, 07:24 PM
AMD all the way!!! :D

The top of the line AMD is the FX-60, which weighs in at a rather overpiced $1750

MTLance
28-04-2006, 07:29 PM
What about Intel® Core™ Duo processor (http://www.intel.com/products/processor/coreduo/index.htm) from Intel? Is it sucks?
Can anyone give me any news from AMD? Like processors? The Latest one please and thanks.

gcarmich
28-04-2006, 07:38 PM
I don't think its really a question of which chip maker is better, my thinking normally goes along the lines of whats the machine for (server, development, games, media, general office, home ...), whats the budget, and then what fits best, and its not just the processor its the whole package.

pctek
28-04-2006, 07:46 PM
What about Intel® Core™ Duo processor (http://www.intel.com/products/processor/coreduo/index.htm) from Intel? Is it sucks?
Can anyone give me any news from AMD? Like processors? The Latest one please and thanks.
Yes it sucks. And theres about 1000000000 webpages around the net with benchmarks, comparisons and news on AMDs....go Google.

MTLance
28-04-2006, 07:47 PM
I mean for a notebook for multitasking. Anyone have any idea?

MTLance
28-04-2006, 07:50 PM
What does INTEL best in? For Companies computers?

Marmion
28-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Currently, Intel Core Duo laptops are better than AMD Turions at multi-tasking because Core Duo is dual core, vs Turion being single core. AMD is releasing it's Turion X2 (dual core) soonish, guessing it will get to NZ around June (late may is the release I believe). It is unknown which would be better then, but it is fair enough to say, that Merom (successor the Core Duo "Yonah" core) will perform better than both Turion X2 and "Yonah" (current Core Duo), which is coming out for the August refresh of laptops.

Personally, Intel is only currently dominating in laptop computing with the Core Duo and success of the Pentium M. AMD is far superior currently with its Athlon 64, X2 and Opteron desktop/server processors. This may/may not change with the upcoming "Merom" architecture from Intel and it's derivatives, Woodcrest for server and Conroe for desktop. Anyway, 2006 is a very 'interesting' year for CPUs, and its all good for the consumer.

mejobloggs
29-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Wait for Intel's Conroe, that sounds like it could be a killer.

MAC_H8ER
01-05-2006, 10:17 AM
INTEL! i would not have it any other way :thumbs:

my nickname would be AMD_H8ER instead of MAC_H8ER but amd is the lesser of the two evils :angry

Morgenmuffel
01-05-2006, 10:23 AM

my nickname would be AMD_H8ER instead of MAC_H8ER but amd is the lesser of the two evils :angry
But doesn't Mac use Intel?

Murray P
01-05-2006, 11:14 AM

Good for you _H8ER, providing a community service is a noble social gesture on your part. I'm not sure I would be brave enough to take on the task of giving halfwits and imbeciles a sense of self worth and a nudge a few places up the pecking order, though :thumbs:

Hmm.... did I really just say brave???

MTLance
03-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I'm so confused by AMD and Intel and mostly people says Intel sucks but iMac/ Mac company going for Intel these days. And why does Intel sucks? Is it every people have different explaination or they're fans of AMD?
Guys who support Intel thanks for that. I really glad that some people still on Intel side.

MTLance
03-05-2006, 11:12 PM
I just heard that Intel is making a really cool chip with so much power and little energy used but forgot it's processor name. I don't really know whether it is available for home users or not.

Rob99
03-05-2006, 11:13 PM
AMD = best bang for buck

Have a look around Toms Hardware for reviews.

Rob99
03-05-2006, 11:15 PM
I just heard that Intel is making a really cool chip with so much power and little energy used but forgot it's processor name. I don't really know whether it is available for home users or not.You must have a very short memory span, do you have a link...

MTLance
03-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Something start with Monico or something. But I can't really remember but here's some new news from Intel

Intel First to Demonstrate Working 45nm Chips (http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20060125comp.htm)

I finally found it. It was Merom and Conroe for notebooks and desktops. I haven't read the whole article yet sorry.

techie
03-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I'm so confused by AMD and Intel and mostly people says Intel sucks but iMac/ Mac company going for Intel these days. And why does Intel sucks? Is it every people have different explaination or they're fans of AMD?
Guys who support Intel thanks for that. I really glad that some people still on Intel side.
You will find that a this forum is clouded with mostly AMD fans...