PDA

View Full Version : Lan Party: Battlegrounds #01

Neongreen
27-04-2006, 01:26 PM
The Battlegrounds LAN, otherwise known as BGL, is a medium sized event which caters towards the LAN goer. Our network is fully gigabit, and our switch density is very high; for our first event, we're going to have a 48 port switch, capable of switching a full gigabit per person. We have over 5 square meters of space per person at our current venue. We're based in North Shore, and are planning to run one event a month.

COSTS:
Prepaid entry fee: $25
At the door entry fee: $30
Guest/Observer fee: $0

TIMES:
Prepays close: Thursday, June 1st
Event Starts: June 3rd, Saturday, 10 AM
Event Closes: June 4th, Sunday, 7 PM

GAMES:
We will be trying to run Battlefield 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Counterstrike 1.6 servers during the event. The emphasis of the event is on BF2 and UT2k4. There will be an opportunity for Starcraft if anyone's interested.

NETWORK:
We will be looking into getting an internet connection. Check the main website( http://bglan.co.nz ), as we will post it there if we are able to. There will also be a DC++ hub for... game updates ;)

We would very much appreciate anyone from these forums to come. To add an incentive, as well as to celebrate our first event, we're giving away a FREE Ipod Shuffle at midnight on the event. To go into the draw, you need to register and prepay before the prepay deadline.

What to bring:
http://bglan.co.nz/inventory.php

What not to bring:
- Alcohol
- Drugs
- Cigarettes(Smokers can bring these, but they have to go fully off the premises to smoke.)

We regretfully cannot allow any of the above mentioned at the event because that's the rules that were set down upon us for the venue.

Neongreen
27-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Ahh, whoops, wrong forum. Could a mod move it?

Thanks

Neongreen
27-04-2006, 02:49 PM
This 5 minute editing rule is harsh >: (

Cost lowered to:
Prepay: $20
Door: $25

Greg
27-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Considering that nothing's provided, what do people actually get for their money that they can't get for free by playing online at home, with the ability to drink and smoke?

Neongreen
27-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Greg: It's intended to be a fun, sociable gaming event. The cost is to pay off the cost of the network gear(RRP $1400 + gst) and venue($550 + gst). I know it sucks there's no smoking/drinking(Rules laid down by the venue owners). The blazing fast network ensures decent pings(<5ms) and high speeds(>50mB/s), so it's less laggy compared to say, gaming online.

Besides from that, there are some people(%75 of nz'ers, but more like 10% of gamers) on dialup. Once the network gear is paid off, we're going to be offering more things like t-shirts, and tournament prizes.

Thank you for the question though; I can see where you're coming from, and it hadn't been put to me so bluntly before. Going to see what I can do to fix that though ;)