PDA

View Full Version : MSN messenger problem

Adam678
26-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Today me and a mate spend nearly 8 hours transfering a very big video file from his computer to mine through msn messenger. And of course with only a few MB left I got disconnected. And msn does not let you resume a transfer, you have to start again!
So I was wondering if there is a temporary download path where the video is downloaded to. I no its destination is C:\Documents and Settings\Adam\My Documents\My Received Files\ but where is it stored whilst being downloaded?

Cheers! :help:

drcspy
26-04-2006, 09:06 AM
um......dunno but heres another idea......use a file splitter prog to cut the file up into smaller chunks then do the transfer.....thus of course if it fails during one of them then you wont have to transfer the whole thing again......hell 8 hours is a long transfer...

TiJay
26-04-2006, 09:49 AM
if nothing else, I would suggest getting an ftp server set up if you are going to be transfering files like that. Most download programs, IE's included resume transfers.

If you haven't already checked, try this path:

C:\Documents and Settings\Adam\local settings and look through the temp folders. Most of the time partial downloads are stored somewhere in the local settings folder.

lance4k
26-04-2006, 02:02 PM
there is a limit for file transfers on msn messenger. it is a very very large limit though. u might have just gone over it. i suggeest using the FILE SHARING feature on msn messenger instead of sending the file normally. It it still won't work then get an online storage folder. There is one available here.....

www.hostmywebsitenow.com