PDA

View Full Version : Casio Graphics Calculator DOA

jamesyboi
24-04-2006, 10:23 AM
I bought a casio graphics calcuator for statistics 7th form. but i didn't follow the instructions and ripped out the plastic thing before putting the batteries in. the instuctions say to put the operating batterys in. then to pull out the starter thing (like on a lawn mower but its plastic and doesn't retract) anyways now it seems to be screwed just from that!?! anyone have experience from this? guess ill go get a replacement? from whitcolls

Graham L
24-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Just take it back. It might have been a dud.

I can't see that you would have destroyed it by not reading the instructions ... (after all, Casio are still in business, and they can't rely on people reading the instructions.) But don't tell Whitcoulls. :cool:

You might have given it too many "cold starts" and caused its tiny mind to get locked up. Giving a clean start is about the only possible function for that plastic "starter". ;) You could try removing the cells, replacing the starter and trying again.

jamesyboi
24-04-2006, 09:24 PM
if i remove the cell battery inside. i might void warranty. but no bigge's ill get it solved. just wanted to know if anyone had same exp. thanks for reading *deleted

somebody
24-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Assuming this is one of those Casio FX-9750G calculators, you should be able to remove both the button-cell and the AAA batteries at the same time. The only damage you'll do is that you'll lose any data you had stored - which in this case is irrelevant.

See if removing them and putting them (both) back fixes it. There is a small hole on the back with a "P" next to it (towards the top) which is a reset button - try that too.

Graham L
26-04-2006, 02:29 PM
Aha: the starter was for the memory backup cell. So, just take oiut the lot, insert the main cells, then add the memory backup cell. Try the reset button first, though.

jamesyboi
27-04-2006, 11:41 AM
i can't get the backup cell out. its stuck in there. plastic covers its edge

Graham L
27-04-2006, 02:35 PM
So. It's brand new. It doesn't work.

Back to Whitcoull's.

Why waste any more time?