PDA

View Full Version : Sound problem

JB_13
24-04-2006, 06:56 AM
Hi I'm new here I currently don't have sound on my laptop for some reason I can't install Realtek High definition audio device driver because it asks for Service pack 1 and I've spent 2 hours so far downloading different Realtek service packs and none are the one it's asking for

Could someone please give me a site w/ a working link so I can download it it's really frustrating looking for it

thanks

drcspy
24-04-2006, 07:10 AM
it's possible if not probable that he 'service pack 1' its asking for might be microsoft windows xp sp1.......if so then you are better installign SP2 instead.........find this at microsoft update site...

drcspy
24-04-2006, 07:13 AM
I'm assuming you are running xp ?.......if you goto controlpanel/system what does it say ?

'microsoft windows xp home edition SP1' or similar ?.....(on the general tab) if it only says 'xp home ed' or 'xp pro' etc but doesn't mention a service pack then that'll be what you need...........

JB_13
24-04-2006, 07:25 AM
It just says Microsoft Windows XP professional 2002 no SP1 is there any other audio device compadible w/ the Vaio notebook? or can I just download the service pack from somewhere else?

drcspy
24-04-2006, 07:37 AM
the most uptodate service pack for your sysetm is 'service pack 4'.....look at microsoft.com for it..

Speedy Gonzales
24-04-2006, 09:12 AM
the most uptodate service pack for your sysetm is 'service pack 4'.....look at microsoft.com for it..

? XP isnt up to SP 4. It's only upto SP2. SP4 is for Windows 2000, NOT XP.

You have to get SP1 or SP2 FIRST JB. Before the sound drivers will install.

drcspy
24-04-2006, 09:15 AM
speedy you need to read a bit closer...and of course i know xp aint up to sp4 but win2000 IS and that's the sytsem they said they have....

drcspy
24-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Bugger

<<<<<<<......takes foot from mouth.....sorry its me that needs to read a bit closer how I read what they posted as win2000 I dunno .........

IF I had read ti correctly of course I woulda told em to install xp sp2.......

Speedy Gonzales
24-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Bugger

<<<<<<<......takes foot from mouth.....sorry its me that needs to read a bit closer how I read what they posted as win2000 I dunno .........

IF I had read correctly of course I woulda told em to install xp sp2.......

:lol:

JB_13
24-04-2006, 01:43 PM
I almost finished downloading the SP2,but now I have a new problem it says key code used to install windows XP is not valid is it because I'm not using the windows XP CD the compay originally installed it with or do I ned to buy a newwindows XP program just for the laptop?

thanks for ur help:)

Speedy Gonzales
24-04-2006, 01:57 PM
So, who installed the XP you're using now. It was pre-installed then?

If it says the key isnt valid, it sounds like you're using a corp version of XP.

Take it back to the shop (where u purchased it), tell them to put a valid version of XP on it.

Thats if you havent installed XP on the laptop, with your own version of XP.

Since you brought the laptop.

JB_13
25-04-2006, 11:15 AM
I put my own version of it,but I know how to format the drive and remove the XP software to where there isn't anything on the computer

If I do that can I still take it to where I originally purchased it and have them install XP or do I buy a new version of XP just for the laptop?