PDA

View Full Version : Silly question: how to access my ISP via another ISP's service?

braindead
21-04-2006, 11:09 AM
My email account is with Paradise. Can I send/receive Paradise emails via another email account hosted with Xtra?

IOW, can I copy my Paradise emails to Xtra's email client without nuking them in my Paradise server's inbox?

Thanks.

stu161204
21-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Who is your ISP? Xtra or Paradise?

If youíre ISP Is Paradise, then you wonít be able to access your Xtra mail via pop3, you will only be able to access it via Xtra online mail programme. (unless you connect to the Xtra's network)

If Your ISP Is Xtra then I donít think you will have a problem with sending/receive mail with Paradise mail servers.

I Hope this is what youíre after ;)

Hope this helps :)

maccrazy
21-04-2006, 12:26 PM
If youíre ISP Is Paradise, then you wonít be able to access your Xtra mail via pop3, you will only be able to access it via Xtra online mail programme. (unless you connect to the Xtra's network)Makes you wonder why people actually use their email system doesn't it. :rolleyes:

braindead
21-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks stu161204. Much appreciated.

Paradise is my regular ISP. An overseas friend regularly cross-communicates between various email accounts and was surprised I could not also do that, hence my question.

stu161204
21-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Your welcome :)

Big John
21-04-2006, 07:35 PM
You can get your e-mails via pop3. I do it all the time as my old paradise e-mail address is still active even though the account is not.

However you cannot send via smtp while connected through another ISP UNLESS you pay a seperate and additional fee. Once you do this you would be able to. Another way to fleece money from users and also to stop other people from using the connection as a free mail forwarder (SPAMMERS).

worl
22-04-2006, 06:41 PM
I am now with Xnet and can still recieve emails to my old ISP's (Actrix, Clear), (and Orcon free email) through pop. I have not tried sending through Actrix and Clear but could test this if that would help. I am fairly certain this would work.

Edit. Just tried sending an email out through Clear and it wouldn't go.

Edit2. Just changed my smtp (outgoing) server in the Clear acccnt to Xnet's one and out went the email from the Clear address.

Dannz
22-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Edit. Just tried sending an email out through Clear and it wouldn't go.

Edit2. Just changed my smtp (outgoing) server in the Clear acccnt to Xnet's one and out went the email from the Clear address.

Xnet block port 25 in both directions (in and out) - port 25 is smtp which is probably why your email wouldnt send but would with xnet's SMTP.