PDA

View Full Version : IEXPLORE.EXE

powertron
18-04-2006, 12:49 AM
My IEXPLORE.EXE takes up about 95-98% of my CPU usage causing all other applications to crash, is this right or do I have a problem that needs addressing, please advise..

Speedy Gonzales
18-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Get the file in my signature below. We'll see if u have something nasty.

iwitech
18-04-2006, 11:42 AM
This is not normal behaviour for a start.
Sounds like you have a browser hijack problem.
Try the following:
Open your control panel, then internet options, click on advanced, look for the section called "Browsing", look for the entry called "Enable Third party browser extensions" and remove the tick from this selection (if it has one). If you have IE running at this point you will have to restart it for the changes to take effect.

or,
try a spyware scanner - lavasoft adaware is OK for this purpose.

If you have filesharing programs or spyware installed in your system then these are more likly the cause of the interference.

or - Uninstall/reinstall internet explorer
This is a simple process but you may need the installation disk. If you have this then do the following.

Open Control Panel, Select Add\Remove Programs, Select Add\Remove Windows Components from the lefthand side screen, Then remove the tick mark from Internet Explorer, click next and follow the prompts - this will uninstall IE.

NOTE: Just follow the same process to reinstall Internet Explorer. Make sure you put the tick mark back in.

Renmoo
18-04-2006, 01:36 PM
It could be that at that time your Internet Explorer has loaded / was loading with an ActiveX and / or shockwave flash objects, causing the CPU usage to rise as these external plug-ins tend to use up a lot of CPU power. Otherwise, follow Speedy Gonzalez's advice.

Cheers :)

powertron
28-09-2006, 03:42 AM
Issue resolved, no further assistance needed, thank you....Powertron.

Vince
28-09-2006, 06:21 AM
Perhaps you would be kind enough to share your solution with the people who helped you. That is how knowledge is grown; it is also the polite thing to do.