PDA

View Full Version : Zboard

Tony Tucker
13-04-2006, 07:07 PM
My new computer came with a Zboard, but I am having problems with it. My computer started not booting up! When I installed the latest Zboard drivers it was allright for a while, and then it started not booting up again! Has anyone else had this problem with Zboards stopping there computer from booting up?

The_End_Of_Reality
13-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Thats a little strange, where does it stop booting?

Have you tried a different keyboard?

pctek
13-04-2006, 08:46 PM
How do you know its the kb causing the non-booting? What error do you get, if any? At what point does it stop, or does it not even turn on at all?

Tony Tucker
14-04-2006, 09:39 AM
It stops at the start, the last thing written on the screen is Athlon 64 processor. I am sure it is the Zboard keyboard, if you unplug the keyboard it will boot up then.. It appears that it is the Zboard software, because when it is not installed, the Zboard keyboard works well and computer boots up.

The_End_Of_Reality
14-04-2006, 11:03 AM
The Zboard software will not even be loaded by the time it gets to the BIOS, only when you see the Windows XP screen is it loading the software.

That sounds more like a BIOS issue, have you tried a different keyboard like I suggested?

Tony Tucker
14-04-2006, 02:19 PM
No, but I will. I have uninstalled the Zboard software this morning and twice started it up with no problems. It says something about setting the computer to not fast boot in the Zboard book if you are having trouble(which I tried), so I think it is still got something to do with the Zboard software.

Tony Tucker
14-04-2006, 06:46 PM
The Zboard software will not even be loaded by the time it gets to the BIOS, only when you see the Windows XP screen is it loading the software.

That sounds more like a BIOS issue, have you tried a different keyboard like I suggested?Yes, I have tried my mothers keyboard and it boots up allright.