PDA

View Full Version : Gmail Login

Poppa John
05-04-2006, 08:54 PM
I have signed up a second Gmail Acct, different name & password. When the Login box appears , my acct name is there. It asks me to enter my password, which I do. However, the 'tick box' for "Remember my Password" is greyed out. How can I ungrey it. Thanks PJ :(

Jen
05-04-2006, 09:43 PM
What internet browser are you using?

Poppa John
05-04-2006, 09:52 PM
What internet browser are you using?

Internet Explorer? PJ

Poppa John
06-04-2006, 03:45 AM
Pretty Please. Ever so please. Help. PJ :help: :help: :blush:

SurferJoe46
06-04-2006, 06:34 AM
Something in IE is toggling a primary and secondary account and thats why the grey-out on one of them...

Why don't you sign on thru FireFox? It let's me access any of the 5 GMail accounts I have without any grey-outs.

Poppa John
06-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks for that Joe, but surely there is a way around it. PJ

stu161204
06-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Have you tried clearing out your cookies? / Internet cache

Poppa John
06-04-2006, 12:32 PM
G'day Stu.........We regularly do the 'Disk Cleanup' to get rid of temporary internet files. Is this what you are referring to? PJ

stu161204
06-04-2006, 12:52 PM
G'day Stu.........We regularly do the 'Disk Cleanup' to get rid of temporary internet files. Is this what you are referring to? PJ

yeath, sort of In IE go to Tools > Internet Options > general tab > look for the Delete Cookies button, once you have done that, see if that help :)

SurferJoe46
06-04-2006, 01:16 PM
PJ:

Just get and run CrapCleaner...and make sure it's set to purge the IE cookies and browser history and all else you want...give it a try....kinda chicken soup for the puter

:D

Poppa John
06-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Stu & Joe........... Tried both your suggestions, still the same. I guess I will have to live with it. Thanks to All for help. PJ

Jen
06-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Try this:

Go to Tools > Options > Content > Autocomplete. You can either clear all the saved passwords, or hopefully see the gmail entry listed and be able to highlight and delete that single entry.

Not sure how flexible IE is with saved passwords, but I doubt you can have more than one account on the same website and use the "save password" function.

SurferJoe46
07-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Stu & Joe........... Tried both your suggestions, still the same. I guess I will have to live with it. Thanks to All for help. PJ

OK...another idea...and don't say you "have to live with it"...that's defeatist!

You are the master of your 'puter and don't take less for granted.....!

Try another approach...

One of the best purges of your cookies and visited web pages is called CrapCleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com/) . Get it and run it in SAFE mode...that's always a wise idea.

It's always the best idea to use SAFE mode for any cleaning and troubleshooting. It allows a minimum of programs to run and you will have more control and better results that way.

CrapCleaner will clean all the crumbs out from old installs and downloads too.

Be sure to run the "CLEANER" and the "ISSUES" areas. You'll be amazed at the junk in your system.

I recommend using CrapCleaner after you use HJT for repairs. It helps a lot, and as a precaution from reinfection, turn off SYSTEM RESTORE for all drives...at least 'till you get this mess figgered out.

One of the primary reasons why you cannot repair or remove a virus is because it is running when you try to kill it, and if the file/program is running you probably cannot make modifications to it or delete it either.

An olde rule: (in the olde days of no-mouse 'puters and small memory) was that if you opened a file, you had to close it too before you shut down...or you lost a lot of data and may suffer a fatal exception that ruined your system. Many viruses and trojans depend on this fact so they cannot be harmed when the are actually running. SAFE mode usually shuts them off so they can be removed or modified. Most of the old calls and routines still live and reside in the many overlays of what you perceive as a "brand new" system. It is just layers upon layers of code that are consolidated and look modern.

Mr. Jaquard's (first computer ever) old programming still exist in your computer and the same with the stacks of punch cards...they are just Kernal and next to the Kernal commands that you never see.

Greg
07-04-2006, 11:52 AM
CrapCleaner will clean all the crumbs out from old installs and downloads too.

Be sure to run the "CLEANER" and the "ISSUES" areas. You'll be amazed at the junk in your system. It'd probably be more helpful to give its usual name and a link:

ccleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com/)

SurferJoe46
07-04-2006, 01:11 PM
It'd probably be more helpful to give its usual name and a link:

ccleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com/)

CrapCleaner Googles just fine, and it ain't AI that finds it either....CrapCleaner was the original name...sorry...I am old.

Renmoo
07-04-2006, 05:38 PM
If all means fail, try reinstalling IE6. By the way, just curious, why wouldn't you use Firefox to access your Gmail account?

Cheers :)

zqwerty
07-04-2006, 06:07 PM
JamesKan, you asked, re "If all means fail" should be "If all else fails", English is very difficult to learn. I do see posts that you make with errors, in future, if you wish I will correct them without ceremony, post back here if you want me to.

Renmoo
07-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Yes! You have got the green light from me :D

Poppa John
07-04-2006, 08:54 PM
If all means fail, try reinstalling IE6. By the way, just curious, why wouldn't you use Firefox to access your Gmail account?

Firefox. I have, so far, found no reason to change from IE6 to anything else. PJ

Poppa John
07-04-2006, 08:58 PM
I think I have the problem suused. I compared the two accounts page by page, field by field. One box that shold have been tickd was not. It IS now. I have shut the computer down three times & the problem seems to have gone.
Thankyou all for your help. PJ

stu161204
07-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Your welcome PJ :)