PDA

View Full Version : How to loop video clips in PowerPoint?

BrotherDragon
02-04-2006, 11:38 AM
This is my first posting. I'm using PowerPoint to give a presentation on ultrasound imaging of congenital heart disease. The exams are a series of one heartbeat digital video captures. I don't have any problems exporting these as .AVI files to PowerPoint but am unable to figure out how to make them play on continuous loop which is the way they are normally viewed during the exam. Is PowerPoint capable of doing this, if so how, and if not can I use some other media player that can while still using PowerPoint for the rest of the presentation?

Speedy Gonzales
02-04-2006, 12:05 PM
According to Powerpoint 2003 under help. (If u use Office 2003)

When you loop a sound or movie, the file plays until you advance to the next slide.

On the slide, right-click the sound icon or movie.

On the shortcut menu (shortcut menu: A menu that shows a list of commands relevant to a particular item.

To display a shortcut menu, right-click an item or press SHIFT+F10.), click Edit Sound Object or Edit Movie Object.

Select the Loop until stopped check box.

Note Some media formats, such as .GIF files, are categorized as movie clips by the Clip Art feature in Microsoft Office but are not actually digital video. The Edit Movie Object command is enabled only with digital video files.

BrotherDragon
02-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll try this out at work tomorrow and get back to you if I have any problems. :thumbs: