PDA

View Full Version : Choosing files in Media Player

Cymbalz
01-04-2006, 06:43 PM
I have Windows Media Player 10 installed. How do I choose from files in My Music directory. Any other player allows you to open a file from your hard drive by selecting the right directory.

SurferJoe46
02-04-2006, 04:56 AM
In the hopeful case that I understand you correctly, you want to know how to find the files or folders that are represented by the listings in WMP?

If that's right, just display the song or whatever it is you are after in the "Library" tab, hover over the song or whatever, and right click and then click the Open Containing Folder option.

While you are in that folder, clicking on any of the files that are there will open WMP if you have it set as default.

I always generate a folder called "MP3's Here"; "MPEG's Here"; "AVI's Here"..etc on the drive in which I want to save the like-type files. I set them up as the default save area and WMP knows where they are all the time....makes the search function better too if the files are not scattered all over the HDD.

Cymbalz
02-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks SurferJoe
It helps but I think it's a screwy way to display the music directories and folders. Why can't MS simply do it like everyone else???