PDA

View Full Version : Finding Folder Redirection

wiltz_nz
31-03-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm wanting to redirect my docs folder to another drive on my home laptop. I'm using Win XP SP2. However under group policy - user configuration - windows settings, I cannot find folder redirection. I have done this before on my desktop, just not sure why I can't see it now? Could someone please shed some light on this problem for me.

gcarmich
31-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Start - then right click "My Documents" and it will allow you to change the My Documents folder. No need for policy changes.

Scouse
31-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Hi Wiltz. If you're using Word, click on Tools > Options > File Locations. Under File Types make sure that Documents is highlighted and click on Modify. You're there..... I keep my documents and all data/graphics on drive E.

Scouse
31-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Hi again. A cosmetic change... if using Word. When you have your new folder set up, in Word click on File > Open and browse until it appears in the Look In window. Click on Tools > Add to My Places. A link to the new folder will be placed at the bottom of the left hand column under My Recent Docs, etc. Right click on your new folder in this column and move it up step by step until it is at or near the top. I keep regularly worked folders including stored graphics folders here. Very neat for single click selecting or swapping between folders.