PDA

View Full Version : Merging an Outlook 2000 *pst file

DavidW
31-03-2006, 09:32 AM
I don't delete most of my emails so I can access them later for information. Concequently my emails date back for years. Yesterday I found my inbox ended two weeks ago. There is no sign of the missing emails. They havn't been archived. Can't find them anywhere. However they are on another networked computer. How - in simple steps - would I go about merging the networked inbox? Thanks for any help David

berryb
31-03-2006, 10:22 AM
First I would export the emails on the other PC for a backup. Then you need to explain how the email systen is set up. Are you using MS Exchange or other Mail Server software?

CYaBro
31-03-2006, 10:23 AM
In Outlook go to File - Import and Export - Import from another Program or File - Personal Folder File (.pst) - Then browse to where the networked pst file is - Choose which folder you want to import - Done

DavidW
31-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks CYaBro but the program does not give the option to import -- only 'export to a file' That is where I'm having the problem! Can't find anywhere in the setup to change the 'import and export' properties. David