PDA

View Full Version : Router Modem

Modem
29-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Hey Friends!!

Im got some problem about router to connect my pc from another pc using vnc or remote desktop software from internet in diffrent place.So far im using manual connect internet is no this problem ......after using router lot problem

Im using router modem planet ADE 4400 , but my router always give me static ip like >> lan ip 10.0.0.36 << n >>default gateway ip 10.0.0..2 << so my another pc cant connect at home pc ........ izzit any possible to connect this 2 computer each other from another places

SilentNight
29-03-2006, 11:13 PM
VNC uses ports from 5900 to do it's remote desktop on (so in Windows where you only have one GUI then it uses port 5900, however in certain Linux environments this can be 5901, 5902, 5903, etc)

What you want to do is "port forward" or "pinhole" your router to allow internet access from the internet to your LAN IP (10.0.0.36).
Then once you've got that, use your Internet IP Address (or set up a dyndns.org account) to remotely access your PC.

Do you really need full GUI access over the internet though? As you will have access to VNC over the net, so will the rest of the world. It would also be advisable to set a strong password for VNC as well and change it on a regular basis.