PDA

View Full Version : How to record real player files -> VCR/DVD?

jesseycy
29-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Hi! I have a problem, and hopefully you guys can help me....

Basically, I watch quite a lot of real player video files (don't ask me the source).. I watch that using a old computer, but it is connected to a Sharp LCD TV, which accepts VGA signals (or whatever you call the external monitor signal coming from the laptop)...

So basically, I can watch real player video files, full screen on my TV. Is there any way, to record whatever I'm watching on TV then, to a VCR recorder / DVD recorder? Using the TV Out signal connected to my VCR, I manage to only record the audio on a tape, but not the image signal?

Is there any way to record the image signal as well??? Thanks!

Greg
29-03-2006, 04:12 PM
What's the source? :eek:

jesseycy
30-03-2006, 12:47 AM
The source is just a computer, playing real player files...

Basically:

Computer (Playing real player video on screen) -> Showing on LCD TV (it has a monitor input jack, and a RGB TV out jack).

Is there any way to "capture" the audio and video showing on the TV? So I just want to record, audio+video, whatever is showing on the TV (kinda like screen capture), in a VCR / DVD format. I have luck with the audio, but none with the video.

bob_doe_nz
30-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Hook the output of the computer directly to the Video Machine. Thats the simplest way of doing it. This will also mean if you alt-tab or bring up the windows menu, you see it on the recorded cassette tape as well :D

jesseycy
30-03-2006, 10:29 PM
But the problem is, for my computer, it only has a "external computer monitor output" (do you call that a VGA jack)? My LCD TV can read that signal fine, so I can watch it on the TV as it has a VGA input jack.

But how can I transfer that onto a VCR?

Thanks so much!

bob_doe_nz
30-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Oh, well in that case finding a graphics card with S-Video connection out is probably the best way to do it.