PDA

View Full Version : open with, choose program, select & click - freeze - rundll32 not responding

Fatjoz
28-03-2006, 07:47 PM
I only recently installed windows Xp service pack 2 so not sure why this is happening.

Anyway when I right click a file & hit open with. Select a program from the list and click ok or double click that program the box freezes.

Rundll not responding

Is there anyway to maybe repair rundll32??? I only a few days ago however ran sfc -scannow so is it possible that that caused this? (not sure if this problem was occuring before)

Anyone have any suggestions?

stu161204
29-03-2006, 12:31 AM
** bump **

Fatjoz
30-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Ay. So i'm not the only one.

Hey bro I uninstalled windows defender which is lame anyway. The problem seems (seems) to be gone. I'll let you know though

SolMiester
30-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Did this work after installing the service pack, could have nothing to do with it. In fact, running the service pack again wont hurt the system and may repair the issue.

Fatjoz
31-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Did this work after installing the service pack, could have nothing to do with it. In fact, running the service pack again wont hurt the system and may repair the ssue.

Nah this build includeded SP2 on install... One thing I noticed is it doesn't come up on .txt for example but if i try open with on a .msstyle for example it freezes.

So yeah is it possibly coming up for weird file types it doesn't recognize?