PDA

View Full Version : looking for mac tech

quarry
26-03-2006, 11:59 PM
posted at chat, but no luck
any independent mac techs out there - may have jobs for you, as i only do pc
even a weekend tech if you work for a mac shop during a day, getting desperate here. my client has called 2-3 mac techs, none of them turned up. i'm trying to avoid doing it myself, as i'm no expert.

plod
27-03-2006, 11:10 AM
best bet is to go to your local apple store or harvy normans, buy an airport card, there is only one type now and install which is easy to do. It will configure easy with the airport wizard and will join any pc network
where are you or your client? it is too easy a job to give to someone else. Let us know what mac it is and I will get the instructions for you

quarry
27-03-2006, 10:22 PM
best bet is to go to your local apple store or harvy normans, buy an airport card, there is only one type now and install which is easy to do. It will configure easy with the airport wizard and will join any pc network
where are you or your client? it is too easy a job to give to someone else. Let us know what mac it is and I will get the instructions for you

thanks plod, it's a g4 os x 10.4.3
i was reluctant to do it myself, as i don't have the time to muck around learning a new system just for 1 or 2 macs a year

plod
27-03-2006, 11:26 PM
yoou have nothing to learn. installing the wireless card is easier then installing ram, software is already built into tiger so nothing to install