PDA

View Full Version : Konqueror as a web browser

Phil B
26-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Has anyone else used it?

I find it ok, but there doesn't seem to be the addons available that make firefox so user friendly. Doesn't seem to be so configurable either, apart from all the pretty colours.
Don't tell me to use firefox, I do. I'm just fishing to see what others think

Faded_Mantis
26-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Konqueror is fairly basic as a web browser, it does have some things that make it better than IE (Like google search box) but it's primary function is to act as a file manager for KDE operating systems (like "My Computer"). Unless you use KDE systems like Xandros that has it's own file manager which is more like Windows Explorer.

I preferr Opera for my web browsing (on windows and Linux)

Myth
26-03-2006, 11:57 PM
Konqueror is one of the quickest browsers available (on any OS). It also has a heap of options (basic?? I think not).
A lot of people swear by it, I personally swear at it. Its not as configurable as Firefox (mainly graphically), but it still holds its own as far as file browsing and net browsing are concerned

Jen
27-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Konqueror is OK for browsing. You can customise its behaviour for specific websites and fine tune how you would like the browser to function with Java Script. You can save profiles of Konqueror so that you don't have to keep changing settings for a particular type of website.

It is good for validating websites, as you can select the tool for W3 Website validation. You cannot add all the extensions like you can for Firefox, or have the range of customisations built-in lke Opera does.

I only use Konqueror for a few poorly coded sites that play up with Firefox, as sometimes you can get it work under Konqueror.