PDA

View Full Version : DVD recorders ?

Tontoe
26-03-2006, 12:24 PM
I need to buy a new DVD recorder to finish off my new pc build, but not to sure what brand to go for, can anyone point me in the right direction ?
just looking for something average price, not to pricey.
thanks

Tontoe
26-03-2006, 01:16 PM
I need to buy a new DVD recorder to finish off my new pc build, but not to sure what brand to go for, can anyone point me in the right direction ?
just looking for something average price, not to pricey.
thanks

I notice some say double layer, are they better than the ones that don't have that ? or is it just luck of the draw, if you get a good one or not ?

bob_doe_nz
26-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Dual layer is another DVD format out on the market. What makes this one different is that it can hold up to around nine gigabytes on a single DVD. You need the correct DVD disk to use it.

I personally suggest DVD drives made by Liteon, Asus as very good choices

Nyuuji
26-03-2006, 03:11 PM
My LiteOn is still running good, as is the LG Dual-layer under it.

braindead
26-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Another heads-up for Lite-On (http://www.oemcomputers.co.nz/productlist.asp?categories=DVDandCD)
I've installed three of these on several systems. No problems and good price.

gradebdan
26-03-2006, 03:37 PM
I saw a good writeup for Pioneer DVR-IIOD IN March PC USER. I saw these for $88 inc gst at PB technologies.

maccrazy
26-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Try and get a dual layer drive, because, as someone said above, you can fit far more on each DVD. :) My old DVD recorder was made by Pioneer and I never had any problems with it. My new one is a Panasonic UJ-846 which seems to be ok so far (only had it a couple of months).

Tontoe
27-03-2006, 01:56 AM
Thanks heaps everyone, gives me a good idea now what i am looking at.
I will check a few out over the next few days.
thanks again, :thumbs: