PDA

View Full Version : USB 2.0

satts
26-03-2006, 02:56 AM
Hi all, I have just put a new motherboard into my desktop, P4S800D-X ASUS, and it is working fine, however, when i connect my IPOD, its says that the connection isnt high speed. The instruction manual says it is USB2 cabable. Can anyone help me sort it out?

Jen
26-03-2006, 07:27 AM
Are you using a USB 2.0 rated cable? Did you install your motherboard drivers? What operating system are you using? If it is XP, do you have at least SP1 installed?

Speedy Gonzales
26-03-2006, 10:30 AM
And also make sure USB 2 is on high speed in the BIOS.

And enabled.

beama
26-03-2006, 11:41 AM
also go to ASUS site and see if theres a driver patch for usb2 ( I know of at least one intel board that requires a manufacturer patch for the usb 2 hub function as it should)

satts
27-03-2006, 06:26 AM
Do I have to have sp1 or 2 installed for it to work? I dont think i have any of them. Do I have anyother option to install a usb 2 driver? The bios is enabled for usb 2. I have installed the drivers on the asus cd. i dont think it had any for usb 2.

beama
27-03-2006, 08:04 AM
to check for support packs right click on MY COMPUTER choose properties on the general tab under heading of SYSTEM it will tell you what support pack is installed.

I think the usb driver (or at least a os usb patch) came with support pack 1 which most modem xp installs come with these days the more recent install disks are support pack 2 inclusive.

You didnt metion if you had been to the Asus site even though its a new motherboard and disk, they do somtimes release patches after release of the mother board, always pays to check.

Speedy Gonzales
27-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Do I have to have sp1 or 2 installed for it to work? I dont think i have any of them. Do I have anyother option to install a usb 2 driver? The bios is enabled for usb 2. I have installed the drivers on the asus cd. i dont think it had any for usb 2.

Yup, you have to install SP1 or SP2 . For USB 2 to work.