PDA

View Full Version : HP Printer 720c

peterdb
25-03-2006, 12:25 PM
I have used the above printer on Windows 98 se with no problems but now I have it connected to Windows XP SP2. Using the xp driver I am unable to do duplex printing. Any suggestions? I am trying to do book format from Publisher. :help:

Graham L
26-03-2006, 02:57 PM
From this Google search (www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&safe=active&q=hp+720c+duplex+xp+problem&spell=1) it's a known problem.

HP can't really be expected to design hardware for XP when it's being built to work with W98. Perhaps they shouldn't build hardware which lasts for more than a year or so. ;)

Old Family
27-03-2006, 01:39 PM
I have used the above printer on Windows 98 se with no problems but now I have it connected to Windows XP SP2. Using the xp driver I am unable to do duplex printing. Any suggestions? I am trying to do book format from Publisher.

Although you don't have the same options for your printer as with Win98, most microsoft applications still do support this feature, such as Word, Powerpoint, Access, Excel, Publisher with the exception of Wordpad and Notepad the steps to do it is different.

To print double sided (duplex) you go to "File" then select "Print" and check manual duplex.

Because you're using an older printer, Publisher I think, is the only application that does not support this feature, (in your case) unless you have a later printer which is more for Xp and so forth and does support duplex printing, then you will be able to set your features to book format or whatever the like.

Hope that helps