View Full Version : Telecom Dont hold your breath

Hitech
24-03-2006, 07:43 PM
http://xtramsn.co.nz/businessandmoney/0,,13273-5567903,00.html

Will it ever happen as they promise.
go to the above site to see.

Metla
24-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Im sure they are telling the truth, faster plans will be available, Of course they will still be expensive, Kneecapped, and nowhere near good enough speeds on any of the "starter" plans.

Telecom will never offer a realistic package untill their hand is forced, Having a faster network means nothing if the packages are a rort.

stu161204
24-03-2006, 09:09 PM
I bet we will still have 128K upload speed :groan:

Ninjabear
24-03-2006, 10:06 PM
I bet it would cost like $200-$300 a month.

Oh yeah and i bet half of Nz won't be able to use ADSL2!

It be available at major cities only.

Another fake promise to me

Hitech
24-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Looking at the telecom website media release it looks as though businesses are going to be better off as telecom are offering a business plan called office one with high speeds of 1000mbps but i bet they will charge the earth for that my guess is $1500 i reckon for that speed ,but it will probably be on a wilter of a plan of 5gb or less knowing telecom.

pctek
25-03-2006, 08:44 AM
Stop being negative. At least they are installing some new hardware. Who else is? No-one, they just sit around bleating about Telecom.

PaulD
25-03-2006, 09:47 AM
With so many overseas telephone companies installing millions of lines of high speed ADSL there is probably a queue 3 miles long for the equipment.

legod
25-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Stop being negative. At least they are installing some new hardware. Who else is? No-one, they just sit around bleating about Telecom.

No-one else can install their own equipment, even if they want to. We are totally dependent on Telecom for ADSL.

Even if someone could install their own equipment, Telecom have played dirty by making exchanges too small so there would be problems installing 3rd party equipment. SO even if we get unbundling, there will be huge delays with other companies rolling out their own gear.

PaulD
25-03-2006, 10:34 AM
Even if someone could install their own equipment, Telecom have played dirty by making exchanges too small so there would be problems installing 3rd party equipment. SO even if we get unbundling, there will be huge delays with other companies rolling out their own gear.

Exhanges should have plenty of room, are you talking about roadside cabinets?
Why should any company have to build these big enough to take competitors equipment? Do you expect Telecom to put in bigger power systems etc just in case?