PDA

View Full Version : Data Usage on Broadband

Lohsing
24-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Just a quick question - can Telecom tell me what has been downloaded from my internet connection if my cap has been exceeded?

Lo.

stu161204
24-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Do you mean like from which sites? etc...?

Lohsing
24-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Yup - that's the one.

stu161204
24-03-2006, 05:34 PM
I dont think they can.

Hope this helps :)

whetu
26-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Just a quick question - can Telecom tell me what has been downloaded from my internet connection if my cap has been exceeded?

Lo.

probably can, but there's a high probability they wont. It depends on who you're talking to.

If you're getting repeated months where you're going over your cap, you should look at installing a router box that has Squid and Ntop (look at monowall or pfsense.) I can tell you exactly what has crossed my connection, and ISP techies tend not to argue with Ntop data. I backed Paradise into a corner for 2.5gigs of unexplained ARP traffic that had crossed my mate's Cable connection.

Then again, I really dont need to be doing any logging on my connection, I just do it for interest's sake. 4.6gigs of traffic in the last 3 days.. meh.. flatrate wireless broadband = carefactor_0

Big John
27-03-2006, 05:18 AM
They can very easily tell you you which IP addresses have you have accessed and what has accessed you. Whether they want to or do is another question.

Paradise/Telestra do it and so do IHug and you can get down to details online yourself and see how much data came/went from which IP.