PDA

View Full Version : Want to Webcast Of Wedding Via Laptop And Msn

Term_X
20-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Hey Folks

my friend is getting married and asked about the possibility of showing the wedding live via msn messenger to our relatives in England. Id use a laptop and a webcam and show the wedding to our contacts on msn.

Problem is, its in the Hamilton Gardens. so wont be able to physically connect to a phone line at all. i know theres cards with wireless modems or you can connect to the net via a cellphone. Whats the options and the costs?

Help much appreciated please!

Term X

godfather
20-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Casual cellphone data costs are $8 - $10 per megabyte, streaming video will take quite a few.

For an (un)acceptable frame rate and resolution think of $10 per minute at a minimum rough guess. Webcam quality will really suck.

Term_X
21-03-2006, 01:02 AM
oh crud :horrified

would be a one off and was hoping we could do it. damn these outdoor weddings lol

hmm @ taking my wired country aerial to the gardens , ahh but then i probably wouldnt have line of sight to the hospital..

:(

Rob99
21-03-2006, 01:10 AM
You could ask neighbours of these gardens if they have BB and wouldnt mind you putting in an access point so you can do as you describe, you would offer them money them of course.

drcspy
21-03-2006, 07:08 AM
hm........doubt that'd work the gardens cover quite a large area.....several acres.....and therefore the neighbours are nto that close as such......just record it all on vid cam then stream it later thru your usual broadband connection......the rellies wont know the difference ?

somebody
21-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Is streaming live actually that essential? Surely the relatives would prefer to watch a high-quality DVD video of the wedding, rather than a heavily compressed, blurry streaming one? If you sent it by urgent overseas courier, it should arrive with a week.

whetu
26-03-2006, 11:28 PM
get in touch with http://r2.co.nz/ they do this sort of thing and will be able to give you advice