PDA

View Full Version : Screen reflection

mejobloggs
16-03-2006, 01:18 PM
I am getting so annoyed with this screen reflection. Philips 109B6 CRT. How can I reduce it?

drcspy
16-03-2006, 01:24 PM
a light rub with say 150grit sandpaper ?

Graham L
16-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Pull the curtains, and turn off the lights.

You can get antiglare filters for CRTs. Some are expensive and use polarising medium between glass plates. They add a couple more dust-collecting surfaces. Much cheaper are the ones which are just a black mesh. They work quite well, but you do lose some screen brightness.

kingdragonfly
16-03-2006, 02:28 PM
3m Makes nice antiglare filter, but very pricey. I've also seen "hoods" which are basically that, a piece of large plastic bent around a monitor.

Billy T
16-03-2006, 04:29 PM
I am getting so annoyed with this screen reflection. Philips 109B6 CRT. How can I reduce it?
What exactly is reflecting? You may need to reorganise your lighting, or if it is a window reflecting, rearrange the location of your monitor/computer.

Monitor screens have a flat non-reflective surface while anti-glare screens usually have a normal "glass" surface and will be even more reflective than your monitor. Compare the reflectivity of your monitor with that of your TV screen and you will see what I mean.

More info and a good description of your environment would help.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

mejobloggs
18-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Ok, I have no particularly bright lights in the room. I have one light about a meter behind me in the roof. I think it is pretty even lighting.

By reflection I mean I can look and see the room behind me. But only at day time. I do have all the windows covered by blinds though.

drcspy, where you serious about the sandpaper?

Don't have a tv screen to compare it with

Billy T
18-03-2006, 08:45 PM
drcspy, where you serious about the sandpaper?

No, he wasn't. :eek:

If you have bright light behind you, even the most non-reflective of screens will show some reflection. The best solution is to turn your installation through 180 degrees, but I guess that may not be practicable.

Don't waste money on anti-glare screens, they are intended to reduce glare from the monitor and will just make matters worse.

Blocking out the windows better might help, or you can try adjusting the vertical tilt of your screen a little, pointing it a bit higher or lower may shift the reflections..

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Greg
18-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Forget about anti-glare filters. Just reposition your workspace.

mejobloggs
18-03-2006, 10:50 PM
repositioning is not an option.

Vertical tilt might do it, thanks for that suggestion, never thought of it.