PDA

View Full Version : Can't access some web sites

turtle63
15-03-2006, 09:33 AM
hope someone can help here.
I have a DSL-504 Router with 3 computers sharing the internet through it.
Just recently I have noticed we cannot access some web sites.
First noticed it when trying to get Rolling Stones tickets, still can't access ticketek's site.
Also sites like Motorcycle trader and bikepoint, not even from links off other sites. Can't get them from any computer so I figure it must be the Router.
Most other sites seem to be fine.
We have plenty of anti virus and firewall included, no spyware as scans are done regulalry.
Nothing has been changed on the Router.
Have tried with the antivirus etc disabled.

Anybody got any ideas would be apreciated.
Thanks Vicki :annoyed:

stu161204
15-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Who's your ISP?

Are you in NZ?

Have you tried a different Router??

Have you tried different DNS servers?

Have you tried restarting the Router??

Is it just those websites??

turtle63
15-03-2006, 10:08 AM
The Isp is Paradise and yes I am in NZ
No to different Router, dont have access.
No the dNS server and restarting the Router, had thought about that but havn't yet.
It seems to be only those web sites, but put it this way, the only ones that we have noticed.

turtle63
15-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Restarted the Router earlier today and found no difference so if anyone has some other ideas, most grateful...

stu161204
15-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Have you tried phoning your ISP & see if they say any thing?

kingdragonfly
16-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Can you run a couple of tracert's
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/traceroute.html

Start... Run... Cmd

Tracert www.google.co.nz

tracert premier.ticketek.co.nz

exit

turtle63
16-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Did the Tracert to google and went ok.

bikepoint.co.nz timed out on number 17, same with motorcycletrader.co.nz
seems to get stuck on the one after Gigabitethernet5-1.fli2.Adelaide.telstraclear.net
Ticketek also gets stuck there
any ideas on that one anybody? I am not hugely familiar with using tracert to fix these kind of issues.

Cheers

turtle63
16-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Solved the problem finally thanks to a very helpful guy at Paradise, also, Kingdragonfly to your suggestion about the tracert as it helped him in the end.
All it was was Paradise wasn't releasing my IP address even when I powered off the Router. Eventually it did and I got a new IP address and could access all the web pages I couldn't, he will be happy to get back on his Motorcycle trader site :)
Wish I could have accessed ticketek the other week, had to join the fan club to get stones tickets, oh well all ends well. Thanks