PDA

View Full Version : XBOX

technophobia
14-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Can somone please tell me how the hell do you get into the xbox as i cannot find the screws anywhere can somebody please tell me how to open it up.As this thing needs some fixing. :help:

b1naryb0y
14-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Would you trust a mechanic to fix your car if he didn't know how to pop the bonnet? ;)

Metla
14-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Screws are located under the labals andrubber feet, will need a special set of screwdrivers to unscrew em, I got my set from Mitre 10....

technophobia
14-03-2006, 10:20 PM
I was hoping for a real and proper answer i searched for ages to find the screws but cannot find them please tell me how you open this darn thing as i want to fix it asap please help.

technophobia
14-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Thank you metla at last a proper answer thanks for your help much appreciated.

Greven
14-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Thank you metla at last a proper answer thanks for your help much appreciated.
at last? you didn't even have to wait half an hour

penguin
14-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Would you trust a mechanic to fix your car if he didn't know how to pop the bonnet?

I was hoping for a real and proper answer i searched for ages to find the screws but cannot find them please tell me how you open this darn thing as i want to fix it asap please help.

I think that was a very valid statement. You've obviously never fixed one before and haven't read any service manuals, otherwise you would know how to get into it. What exactly are you trying to fix?

technophobia
14-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Ive got the four screws under the feet undone but still cant get the cover off is their a screw under the xbox logo on top of the console as its bloody hard to pull apart

Metla
14-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Your problem solving skills are stunning, The rest of the screws are hidden under the stickers on the bottem of the machine.

CYaBro
14-03-2006, 10:52 PM
If you really want help with your xbox have a look at www.xbox-scene.org
They have tutorials on opening an xbox but as Metla said you need a set of torx screwdrivers.
Use a sharp knife to cut a hole in the labels with the screws under them.
For the screws under the 4 rubber feet you only need to lift one end of each foot. The end closest to the edge of the xbox as this is where the scews are. I found if you peel the whole rubber foot off they don't stick back on as well.

technophobia
14-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Thanks for your help i fixed the problem which was the cd tray rubbing hard against the plastic so i opened it and adjusted it and its as good as gold now, still the other problem i cant fix is the laser i think it might be stuffed as it cant read all the dvd +rs i have and also it has trouble playing some xbox games the screen turns blue while playing games i think its stuffed.

JJJJJ
15-03-2006, 06:20 AM
While on the subject of opening things. Does anyone know how to open a Panasonic mobile telephone? I am wondering how to replace the battery and cant see how to open it up.
Don't even mention looking in the instruction book that came with the phone.

Greven
15-03-2006, 09:01 AM
the other problem i cant fix is the laser i think it might be stuffed as it cant read all the dvd +rs i have and also it has trouble playing some xbox games the screen turns blue while playing games i think its stuffed.
A lot of people I know have had the dvd drive on their Xbox fail. You will have to either chip it & install a DVD ROM/Writer yourself or send it to an authorised xbox repair place & pay through the nose to get another low quality drive installed that will work without needing to chip your xbox.

dolby digital
15-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Would you trust a mechanic to fix your car if he didn't know how to pop the bonnet? ;)

If its his Xbox, he can do what he likes with it... and besides not all cars pop their bonnet in the same way, just like some pc cases have strange ways of getting into the case.

Lizard
15-03-2006, 09:57 AM
and besides not all cars pop their bonnet in the same way, just like some pc cases have strange ways of getting into the case.

Too true. It's funny sometimes to watch people in petrol stations trying to get under the bonnet of their European cars, particularly the French models. Then a forecourt attendant raised on Japanese imports scratches his/her head for a while as well... I know, it happened to me when I first started at a petrol station... :illogical