PDA

View Full Version : AOE multiplayer probs

ghost
14-03-2006, 04:43 PM
When i try to play AOE in the msn gaming zone i get kicked off all the time when the host launchs a game. I have an Dlink DSL-302g gen 2 ADSL modem givin to me by AAPT connected to the computer via ethernet. Some one said to me u have to forward the ports that the game uses in the router.

I went to www.portforward.com and selected the router model etc etc fiollow the instructions, it says to select the RDR option as the flavor. When i go into the router's interface i click on advanced user mode->WAN->NAT-> select NAT Rule Entry frm the drop box->ADD and click on the rule type, all it has is NAPT DMZ and REDIRECT and ive click them all but there is no RDR rule anywhere. ive also read the help file but thats no use either.

Ive got WinXP home sp2, zonealarm and avg running.

cheers

ghost
15-03-2006, 01:00 PM
so does anyoone know anything that can help ???

Greg
15-03-2006, 01:25 PM
First thing I'd try is to very temporarily disable your ZA firewall. See if that works. If it does, immediately disconnect from the game, re-enable ZA, then check MS's website for what ports are supposed to be set to Allow in your firewall.

Also check that you're not also running XP's built-in firewall at the same time.

The above is the only suggestions I can give, sorry. Although I would be happy to hook up a game with you to test it if you're located in NZ.

ghost
15-03-2006, 06:00 PM
i disabled ZA and it didnt work and windows firewall isnt on so its deffiently the router. I tried using redirect as the rule option but no luck.

its to bad im in aus