PDA

View Full Version : start tab

beetle
12-03-2006, 08:19 PM
when you click on start tab, you usually have a list of progs used recently dont you? (designated number by you?)

Peach is getting less of these in the list each time i hit start tab.... yesterday there was 2 in the list, the day before a dozen, and now there is one?

what cause's this? a setting changed or something sinister? :illogical

i havent changed anything, only additions to peach have been eudora,

i dont know what cause's this so would appreciate help to say what i should look for or do?

beetle :illogical

plod
12-03-2006, 08:29 PM
If it only displays recently used programs can it be you haven't recently used the programs that are missing?

beetle
12-03-2006, 08:43 PM
But i have never had these items disappear before even with non use of them

is that normal for them to disappear after so many days of non use???

:rolleyes:

dont know about this thats why i asked

beetle

plod
12-03-2006, 09:02 PM
and it was only a guess on my half

beetle
12-03-2006, 09:07 PM
me no neither.............
but not all progs i open tonight are being listed...........

confusing.

sorry plod, thankyou for your suggestion.

beetle :thumbs:

Jen
12-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi Beetle

It should only show the most frequently used programs and not the most recently used programs. I can't see how you could fit a dozen on though at one time? You can specify how many to show at a time, and I think the default number is 5.

You didn't run any cleaner app recently that would of removed those entries (the MRU lists)?

If you really want a program to stay listed in that area, you can right-click on the program name from under the All Programs menu and select "pin to start menu".

beetle
12-03-2006, 09:37 PM
spose to say half dozen....

no apps that i am aware of.....but yeah confusing............. not best hr to be asking as beetle brain is tired....

thanxs Jen

beetle

FoxyMX
13-03-2006, 07:37 AM
There are two parts to the Start Menu in Win XP - the lower half are dynamic shortcuts to the most frequently used programs and the upper half above the line are those you have "pinned" to the Start Menu.

You can specify how many you want in the lower half in the Start Menu's Properties (not sure what the limit is as I stopped at 20) and as far as I know you can pin as many as you like to the upper half.

Why yours are dropping off is a bit of mystery if they are not being replaced with others, ie reducing in number. Every now and then some of my frequently used ones get replaced by newer ones but the total always remains as six.

I would suggest clearing the list in the Start Menu Properties to start again and see what happens.

Incidentally Tweakui has an option to specify program shortcuts on the Start Menu but I would hesitate to recommend it to beetles at this stage. :p :D