PDA

View Full Version : TotallyFree as an ISP?

worl
12-03-2006, 01:10 PM
Hi Everyone.

I am interested in trying TotallyFree.net dialup as a free ISP. This is conditional on me joining their direct dialing for tolls. If I did this, would I still be able to toll switch, I mean say, dial 0505 for Clear and use Clear's service for some toll calls?

And how is TotallyFree compared to say Clear?

superuser
12-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Why not just pay the $45.00 /year or $3.95 /month? You may find using their tolls costs you more than the small savings you make with free internet.

csinclair83
12-03-2006, 04:36 PM
i'd have to be wary of going with them..
Mum signed up with them and we hadnt heard from them for 2 weeks...not even a confirmation email to say welcome and blah blah...
she rang her old ISP and asked if the tolls were gone from that....a whole 2 weeks after and they confirmed that tolls were still with them...

Totally free says internet to be connected 10-15 mins....and tolls within 2-3 or up to 10 days.....and they dont reply to our emails too...emailed to ask what was happening.....

Go for it if you dare...but that was just my 2cents worth...

csinclair83
12-03-2006, 04:37 PM
BTW if you go with totally free for tolls....and get the free internet...you DONT have to make a certian number of toll calls...just be connected with them...that is really good..
just slack service as said earlier..

worl
12-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks CSinclair.
How long before your Mum got connected? Did she try to connect after the 15 minutes?

sambaird
12-03-2006, 05:37 PM
i tryed them it they were crap slow unreliable internet dident reply to emails
couldent loginto billing so couldent pay
sent them a email asking for them to fix or to go to hell havent got a repy and its been over a mounth

Greven
12-03-2006, 05:40 PM
How can they afford to offer free internet without subsidising it with advertising?

rogerp
12-03-2006, 10:34 PM
I thought free isps were a thing of the past, eg. freenet and i4free etc, and I have never heard of TotallyFree .
I would be interested in knowing what their service is like. I have tried some of the cheaper ISPs in the past, and during peak times it is almost impossible to connect, and international downloads were very slow.

dlp
05-04-2006, 06:40 AM
For the last three months I have been with Totallyfree and am only able to use their service between 4am and 6am due to presistent Timeouts at other times. Totallyfree have recognised this problem, promised to fix it but failed. They also very rarely reply to emails in spite of advertising email support. They seem to be in breach of the Fair Trading Act so I have contacted the Commerce Commission who have only my complaint so far and so won't do anything.
If you are dissatisfied with Totallyfree please contact the Commerce Commission and if you can please also let me know.
If you know how to get Totallyfree to respond I would be more than grateful to know!

minimac
15-04-2006, 02:23 PM
i think it's great to have a totally free internet provider! i have had some problems with connections cutting out but other times it connets for hours with no problems :-) i have had helpful email replies from support staff especially at beginning as had never had interent connection before and turned out problem was with ph line not my settings :-)

worl
15-04-2006, 06:36 PM
I sent Totally free an email shortly after starting this thread an am still waiting for the reply.Whats that; just over four weeks. Thanks, I'd rather pay and get some service.