PDA

View Full Version : Best setup for a media centre

mister harbies
08-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi fellow F1ers,

I work in a bar at a Member's Club which is currently undergoing re-development. At the moment, we have a sound system (tape player, cd player, radio, equaliser etc) and is available for members to muck around with; there are also TVs that can be controlled by remote, again for members to change as they please. This is not an ideal situation.

I would like to know if we can wire everything together into a computer or two, maybe the Windows Media Edition? This computer will be able to play SKYtv, powerpoint slideshows, DVDs and Teletext etc on the TVs (some TVs showing SKYtv while others will be showing powerpoint), and at the same time also be able to control the music.

This way we can have all the media together in one place, in a controlled situation.

I suppose this computer will be need to be a dual-cpu computer to enable all the media to be run at the same time. Or would you recommend two separate systems.

What would be your recommendations? :help:

mister harbies
10-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Bump!

KiwiMR2
10-03-2006, 10:56 AM
I've had limited use with them at work (We sell them) but can definitly find out some more info for you :)

We have ours hooked up running tv through it. It has an RF input so weather it is a pair of rabit ears, roof antenna, or sky it should work fine.....just has to have a RF into the back of the pc. Im thinking you will need some sort of external splitter box to run the signal out to more than one source....we have hooked it up to a bunch of monitors....from pc vga out to a box with 6 vga outputs, thing is all the monitors show the same thing, you will really only be able to play ONE thing at a time.....I can't see you being able to have say one channel on one tv & another on the 2nd or 3rd tv at the same time.

So yeah.....will help you manage everthing BUT you'll really need more than one or two pc's :(

Im off today but when Im back on Sunday i can look into it more for you and see exactly what it can do at the same time :)

Cheers
KiwiMR2