PDA

View Full Version : tv tuner cards

arjay
08-03-2006, 12:29 PM
WinXp OS. Does anyone know how good the Leadtek Winfast 2000XP Expert TV Tuner card is?. Are there any other cards that are preferable, particularly for transferring Video tape to DVD?. What features should I be looking for in a card?.

Speedy Gonzales
08-03-2006, 01:06 PM
The Expert is Ok. I've got it in the other PC here.

Its basically the same as the Deluxe, but uses a different chipset. The expert, is also stereo, the Deluxe isnt (the Expert's sound plugs into the cd or AUX connection), the Deluxe's sound plugs into line out, on the soundcard (externally).

They both come with the PVR program, or u can download a later version from the Leadtek site, and they use different drivers.

Depends what u wanna do. BOTH come with remotes, and FM / TV tuners, both let u record from the tuner, in Mpeg format. (You can also record from the FM tuner (MP3 format).

Then, u can use something like Nero to burn whatever u record to DVD.

Metla
08-03-2006, 01:10 PM
Look for a card that has an onboard encoder, The leadtek range were pretty good in their day but are well behind current tech nowadays.

kingdragonfly
08-03-2006, 01:42 PM
I like the Hauppauge manufacturer. It has on-board MPEG encoders, and is well supported.

Chemical Ali
08-03-2006, 08:21 PM
I have that card as well and it's served me well over the past 3 years but Metla is spot on about the current state of play re: TV TUner cards.