PDA

View Full Version : Print a PDF file

DavidW
06-03-2006, 09:20 PM
I have Acrobat Reader 5 and have been emailed a PDF file. I can open it but not print it. The message says 'The document could not be printed'. In the past I have had no trouble printing PDF documents. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks for any help

bob_doe_nz
06-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Try Foxit PDF reader (http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php)
Just remember to not associate PDF's with it and just see what happens. It's only a measly megabye or so.

DavidW
06-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks for that bob_doe nz. Foxit worked like a treat! I am still mystified as to why this PDF could not be printed with Acrobat Reader. The reason it was emailed to me was that someone created it, emailed it to my wife at work, she couldn't print it so she emailed it to me. You have solved one problem but still left the other! Thanks David

plod
06-03-2006, 10:36 PM
might be time to upgrade to the latest reader, now at 7

Jester
06-03-2006, 10:50 PM
might be time to upgrade to the latest reader, now at 7

Or just stay with Fox It. Quick, clutter free and it just works. What more could you want?

bob_doe_nz
06-03-2006, 11:31 PM
Foxit not resetting its own settings all the time

PaulD
06-03-2006, 11:43 PM
I am still mystified as to why this PDF could not be printed with Acrobat Reader. The reason it was emailed to me was that someone created it, emailed it to my wife at work, she couldn't print it so she emailed it to me.

PDF files can have various restrictions such as print disabled, no cut and paste etc. Foxit may ignore this.

DavidW
06-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Reader 7 works. Must have been created in V 7 David

andy
07-03-2006, 08:24 AM
I have had this problem a lot even with V7. I have found that I get this message when I try to print by clicking on the Print button. If I print using the menu system - "file - Print" the document prints just fine, every time - real wierd.