PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Locate CD

DarkBlade4
01-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi,
I just bought Red Alert 2. When I try running the installation I get an error: "Cannot locate CD-ROM" . I have windows 2000 and used to have alcohol 120% which I uninstalled. The virtual drive isn't there anymore so I don't think that's the problem. I also used to have MagicISO, is that CD emulation software? It is really annoying because both discs don't work. The autorun function works fine though.

Any help would be appreciated

godfather
01-03-2006, 09:56 PM
This error can come about due to an incompatability between the copy protection on the CD (safedisk) and the CD hardware you have.

Also on the known problems list is any spyware etc infection.

It affects many games, not only that one. Google has a wealth of info on the subject, so no point in reproducing it all here...

DarkBlade4
01-03-2006, 11:17 PM
I finally got it to work by using Daemon Tools but now I got a completely different problem. Everytime I try and run it, it says: "The instruction at '<address>' referenced memory at '<address>'.
The memory could not be read.
Click OK to terminate the program."

It stops alot of applications
It happens with lots of programs. I never cared much for this problem before but now that it's not letting me open Red Alert 2 it's really annoying. Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it?

bob_doe_nz
01-03-2006, 11:27 PM
And RA2 runs with the Original disks?
If yes, then you may have copied them with errors in it.

DarkBlade4
02-03-2006, 12:21 AM
The original doesn't work either. Lots of my programs have been having this same problem - memory could not be "read"