PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express - silly little problem

Thomas01
01-03-2006, 03:10 PM
I run WinXp
I have been served well with Internet Explorer and Outlook express for years but suddenly Outlook Express has started giving me an error message every time I tried to run it.
I have an icon on my desk top for XTRA and when I have let that settle down use the icon on my taskbar for Outlook. It doesn't matter how long I wait - the first attempt is always in error - the second works fine.
I have tried running Internet Explorer first then asking for MAIL and again I get an error on the first attempt. And again the second attempt always works fine.
There are worse things in life but some ideas would be appreciated to correct this problem.
Tom

Speedy Gonzales
01-03-2006, 03:38 PM
So, whats the error say the 1st time??

Thomas01
01-03-2006, 04:56 PM
It just says Error
It has a yellow triangular figure in front of it containing a !
The word is on the taskbar bottom RH side.
Glad your on my case Speedy
Tom

pctek
01-03-2006, 05:35 PM
:D
Typical MS error. Terrifically useful....

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Pancake
01-03-2006, 05:38 PM
When IE displays the triangle error message, it's simply alerting you to the fact that the page loaded, but there may have been some errors. To determine what happened, you can click the triangle icon, and IE will display the error message in all its cryptic glory. Unless you're a fluent JavaScript programmer, you may not be able to make sense of the message. One good-neighbor tactic you can undertake is to send the error to the Webmaster of the site. Include as much detail as possible, which will help the Webmaster troubleshoot the problem. You may not receive any feedback, but if enough people complain about a site, the Webmaster may fix it. Rest assured that there's nothing wrong at your end; the problem rests with the Web site itself.

You can turn this Triangle off by going to Tools\Internet option\Advanced\ and tick the two boxes that say "Disable script debuging"