PDA

View Full Version : making a boot able dvd

dconline
28-02-2006, 11:43 AM
can anyone help me make a bootable dvd, i have done some video editing and i would like to put them onto a dvd so i can watch it on my home dvd player. my files are all in mpeg and im using xp.

cheer dconline

Speedy Gonzales
28-02-2006, 11:46 AM
You need something like Nerovision / or some Ulead program / or program that can burn to DVD, and a DVD burner obviously.

If the file is bigger than what'll fit on a normal CD.

If u have a DVD burner, did a program come with it?

Rob99
28-02-2006, 11:59 AM
What have you been using for your editing? cant that burn to DVD for you.

Otherwise Nerovision is what you are after.

dconline
28-02-2006, 12:01 PM
i have a new copy of nerovision with my dvd burner but i cant fing an option to make a bootable dvd

Speedy Gonzales
28-02-2006, 12:06 PM
You dont make bootable dvd's for dvds. So, they play in external DVD players.

You select the DVD option. Altho it may or may not have the option for DVD.

As Nerovision usually needs a plugin or a serial for the DVD option, to appear.

There's a difference. Bootable DVD's are like bootable CD's. You boot from them (they usually have data on them, not video) - ie: As in installing XP from a cd, when u do a clean install.

dconline
28-02-2006, 12:08 PM
ok thx speedy i will give it a go tonight

cheers dconline

dconline
02-03-2006, 08:28 AM
thx speedy it works and i have been doing alll my videos to dvds.

cheers dconline

apparition
02-03-2006, 09:37 AM
dconline could you tell me what version of verovision you have?

The last time I updated, the dvds it produced would not play in my DVD player.

dconline
02-03-2006, 09:22 PM
yea i have nerovision verson 3.1.0.11 and i had to get a serial for the making bootable dvds part of it

cheers dconline

apparition
03-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the info. I would like to use nero again

Speedy Gonzales
03-03-2006, 09:23 AM
I think, it depends what you're using. DVDR+ or -.

I've read that if u use - (I think it was -), remember to finalise / untick multisession, before u burn it in Nerovision.

The latest version is 3.1.0.25 (this is if you're using V6, not V7 of Nero/Nerovision).

Do you get the option for DVD-video (under Make DVD), when u select Nerovision Express Apparition?

apparition
03-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Yep I get the option to burn DVD video and when I upgraded I Got many news features that I looked forward to playing with. But the result was a movie that would only play on my PC and not my dvd player.

On my PC I get my user greated menus and everything I selected.

Speedy Gonzales
03-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Umm, how old is this dvd player??

I know with the dvd player I had, it didnt play videos I burned to dvd either.

Unless I turned PBC (or was it PCB) on or off. Other than that, the only way I could get the old dvd player to play anything I burned, was to burn it as an VCD, not DVD. Still watchable, but obviously not as good as a DVD.

The videos you're burning to DVD. What are they? Videos you shot/recorded yourself, or ones you ripped / made copies from DVD's?

apparition
03-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Well the thing is it didn't matter if they were DVD rips or conversions of mpeg files on my hard drive. The version of nero I have on CD that came with my DVD writer made disks that I had no trouble playing in my DVD player.

When I upgraded nero, the resulting disks would not play in my DVD player (I saw through google that other people who upgraded had the same problem)

My DVD player (recently replaced on warranty) is about six months old and the previos one behaved no differently.

The PCB (or what ever it is (I don't remember) option is one I have to use because I'm using DVD-Terminal on my TV which is three RCA sockets for video (companent video).